As is our tradition, we like to express our gratitude this time of year.
This year the Brilliant Ink team is thankful for:
I’m grateful for my family, especially my two giggly and spirited daughters who show me how to love and remind me to laugh each day. I’m also grateful for fresh air and sunshine, Christmas music, walks with my dog and pretty day planners with space for lots of lists to renew my optimism each day.
I’m thankful for the health and happiness of my family and friends, the new crop of babies all around, my beloved Brené Brown, Hannah Marie Corbin, long hikes, longer conversations and our band of smart, hilarious and impressive Brilliant Inkies. I’m eternally grateful for my husband and my feisty little lady who lives every day full out with feeling.
I’m thankful for my health, Timothy, matcha, Schitt’s Creek, 50-minute barre classes (an hour is just too long), classic rock, our team, and enduring friendships.
- My cozy new (responsibly sourced!) down comforter that’s going to keep me warm all winter long.
- Living in NYC and all the amazing theater experiences it offers (latest obsessions = Be More Chill, Mike Birbiglia)
- Being a parent of “older” kids (ages 7 and 10) and the freedom, fun and new adventures that come with it
- Cherishing the adorable baby stage (while it lasts!) with my 4 nieces and 1 nephew!
- And of course, the most incredible team of colleagues a person could ask for!
I’m thankful for my three little boys who drive me to the brink of insanity daily, my husband who helps me laugh through the chaos, my mom and extended family who double as my village, my brilliant colleagues who make work feel like teamwork with great friends, my square squad for keeping it real, my old friends who are still here after all these years, and every new day I’m fortunate enough to experience.
As cliché as it sounds, I am very thankful for my health and that I feel energized everyday. I love my job and am thankful for a world where I can work remotely with so many incredible ladies all over the country! I’m grateful for my loved ones who make life better everyday. I couldn’t live without lip balm, Netflix/Hulu, refrigerator organizational tools like this and this, and warm socks.
I’m thankful for all of the incredible, inspiring people in my life—whether they’re family, friends or colleagues—you all make my world go round. Keep on shining bright! This year, I’m especially grateful for the newest person in my life who I haven’t met yet but come February 2019, she or he will blow up my world as I know it!
1) This new career change where I’m constantly learning and developing both personally and professionally. It’s so refreshing to be surrounded by co-workers you can fully lean into and also use as role models…personally and professionally!
2) Working from home so that I have the ability to cuddle my puppers anytime I need it!
3) I’m thankful for laughter. It brings people together and often immediately makes someone feel more approachable.
Lately, my household has been measuring time not in days, months or years – but in weeks. 8 weeks was when we saw our baby for the first time. 12 weeks was when we heard the galloping sound now known to us as the baby’s heartbeat. 18 weeks was the magical day that we saw how fast our little one is growing (and decided NOT to find out the gender – sorry, Sara and Jackie 😉). With each passing week we get a little bit closer to meeting our newest family member. I am so thankful for all of the weeks that make up this happy little life of mine.
I’m always thankful for…
- Friends, family, and the Brilliant Inkies (who are both!).
- My dog.
- Lint removers for dog fur.
- The Alarmy alarm clock app.
- New opportunities.
- Panera Bread.
I’m grateful for:
6 years working for an amazing company of inspiring women.
5 days a week that I work– 3 with my Brilliant Inkies and 2 with my 3 favorite (but VERY demanding) little humans.
4 Cups of coffee that I drink every day to work hard for my team and keep up with those demanding little humans.
3 Fantastic kids.
2 Bedroom home for my favorite people (and the best 3-legged dog around). It’s cozy and crazy, but it’s my happy place.
1 Husband who is my best friend and makes me laugh every day.